Last Updated: August 15, 2022
Fearless Paranoia, and its owners, are HUUUUUGE fans of privacy. It’s basically the backbone of what we do for a living. All the crap in this policy below is actually important to us. Still, this was written by a lawyer, so brace yourself…
I. What Information Do We Collect?
Information You Voluntarily Submit: We collect Personal Information from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you contact us, register for access to our Website or Services, sign up for new post notification, or download content from the Website. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information when you register on our Website, such as your name and/or email address;
- Contact information for other individuals when you act on their behalf or in their interest;
- In some cases: country of birth, nationality, employment status, family status, interests, and preferences.
- Your social media accounts/profiles if you contact us through a social media site;
- Any information you provide in communications with us, such as via social media, e-mail or other communication;
- Other data we are required or entitled by applicable law to collect and process for the purpose of authentication or identification, or for the verification of data we collect
We are not responsible for protecting any information that you choose to share with third parties through the Website or Digital Properties. We do not have control over how other users who have access to the Website or Digital Properties will use any content you share publicly or privately. Please exercise discretion when sharing Personal Information with other users.
Information Collected Automatically: When you interact with the Website, we automatically collect the following information about you:
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information such as operating system version, your device make and model and name of the mobile network that you are using. Our system logs may record certain information about your visits to our Websites, including the web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device and mobile ad identifiers, browser information, and other such information; we may collect similar information from emails you receive from us that can help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. If you utilize your login information while utilizing a Virtual Private Network connection, we may collect that information as well.
- Location information. Depending on your device permissions, when you access the Website or use our Services, we automatically collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, Wi-Fi access points and mobile towers.
- Client and Log data. Technical details, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your device, time zone and operating system. We will also store your login information (registration date, date of last password change, date of last successful login), type and version of your browser.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity on our Website which includes a date and time stamp of each visit, advertisement banners or content that you clicked, your interaction with such advertisements, clickstream information, duration of your visit and the order in which you visit the content on our Platform. Based on your interactions and usage of the Website, additional information that is generated as part of such usage, such as transaction information, time and location of transactions, amounts bid, requested, or spent, which we may collect as well. We also collect information from any media uploaded or transmitted through our Website or Services, including any embedded metadata and geotagging information.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the functionality of our Platforms. Please note that not all tracking will stop even if you delete cookies.
II. How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
Fearless Paranoia may use Personal Information as permitted by law, for the following business purposes:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- Identify you as a user of the Website;
- To improve your experience on our Website and with our Services by providing a personalized experience;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters and advertisements, including information and advertisements from our affiliates and on behalf of our promotional and strategic partners;
- To send you administrative communications, such as confirmation e-mails, technical notices, policy updates, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure Website performance;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity;
- To review the effectiveness of our Website marketing and analyze other general demographic trends;
- To notify you of new information or services that may be of interest to you, including promotions, campaigns, programs, contests, or sweepstakes;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern our business and commercial relationships; and
- To perform quality control of our Website and Services through analytics and market research, and to otherwise determine the effectiveness, and improve the quality, of our Website and Services.
We may also use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate for certain essential purposes, including:
- To comply with law and legal process and protect rights, safety and property;
- To detect, prevent, or investigate security incidents, breaches, or fraud;
- For other purposes requested or permitted by our users or other relevant individuals, such as website visitors.
Some jurisdictions require that companies tell you about the legal grounds that allow your data to be used or disclosed. Below are the types of lawful bases that we will rely on to process your Personal Information:
- Legitimate Interest – the interest of conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We balance the potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights, and if the impact on your rights outweighs our legitimate business interests, we do not use or disclose your Personal Information without your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law. You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Performance of Contract – processing your Personal Information where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation – processing your Personal Information where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Consent – you have given express consent to a certain use of your Personal Information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
To the extent permitted by law, all your Personal Information may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties – for business-related functions (such as mailings, database maintenance, and payment processing) but only to the extent such information is needed to perform their designated function;
- Law Enforcement, Governmental, or Investigative Third Parties – if required by law or if Fearless Paranoia believes in good faith such action is necessary to:
- Operate and maintain the Website;
- Comply with a legal obligation or to respond to a legal request for information relating to investigations or alleged illegal activity or in connection with our own investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- Protect and defend the rights and property of Fearless Paranoia;
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public in general; or
- Protect against legal liability of Fearless Paranoia, or any agent or officer thereof, including to investigate problems, enforce contracts, or resolve disputes.
- Tracking – In order to improve the Website and Fearless Paranoia Services, we will sometimes share your information with analytics providers that help us analyze how people are using our Services. For example, we use common industry-wide analytics software to understand how people use our app so we can improve the Services and increase engagement. We use the following third-party service providers for tracking:
- Remarketing – Fearless Paranoia uses remarketing tracking cookies and conversion pixels from vendors such as Google and Facebook to present special offers to you for our products and services over the Google Content Network and via various social media networks. This means that you may see an ad for one of our products or services after having visited our Website. Fearless Paranoia also uses custom audiences based on subscriber email addresses and phone numbers, allowing us to present special offers via Facebook and Google. Your Personal Information is only used by remarketers for the purposes described in this section. We use the following third-party service providers for remarketing:
- Facebook (opt out of Facebook remarketing here);
- Google (opt out of Google remarketing here)
- Upon subscription, Optin Monster and/or Mail Chimp may track the pages you visit on the Website and, if you become a subscriber, information about your transaction is provided to Optin Monster and Mail Chimp.
- Our marketing emails contain tracking pixels, allowing us to analyze the success of our email subscriptions. These tracking pixels allow us to see if and when you opened an email, which links you click in the email, and which pages of the Website you visit. This information is not provided to third parties by Fearless Paranoia, but the use of such information by Optin Monster and/or Mail Chimp is subject to their respective privacy policies.
- Other Third Parties – to whom you ask us to send your information.
Disclosure of Other Information
In addition to collecting Personal Information, we may collect information that does not identify you and is not associated with your Personal Information. We may also de-identify information so it no longer identifies you.
Analysis of Website Performance: The Website may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Website, the number of visitors to each page of our Website, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. It is important to note that no Personal Information is available or used in this process.
Customer Research: In order to better serve and understand the needs of our Website’s users, we may conduct research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the Personal Information and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. Fearless Paranoia may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
Publicly Available Information
When you use certain Website services, the information you share is visible to other users, depending on the specific service. This includes any information you post or chat, such as your name, your email address, your location and your contact number. Please note, any information you provide to other users can always be shared by them with others so please exercise discretion in this respect.
CCPA Personal Information Use Disclosure
|Personal Information Category||Sources of Personal Information (Section 3)||Purpose of Collecting Information (Section 4)||Categories of third parties we share information with (Section 5)|
|A) Identifiers reasonably capable of being associated with a person or household (such as online identifier, email address)||Information you Provide Us; Information we collect from you automatically when you use the Website.||Providing access to and delivering the Service; Improving your experience on the Platform; Providing you a safe and secure platform||Corporate Affiliates, Third Party Vendors and Service Providers; Advertisers; Analytics Providers; Law Enforcement Authorities|
|B) Personal information categories listed in the California Customer records statute (Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80(e)) such as name and telephone number||Information you Provide Us||Providing access to and delivering the Service; Improving user experience Platform; Providing you a safe and secure platform||Corporate Affiliates; Third Party Vendors and Service Providers; Law Enforcement Authorities|
|C) Protected classifications under CA and federal law, including gender, age and citizenship||Not Collected||Not Collected||Not Applicable|
|D) Commercial Information, including products or services purchased, obtained or considered, or purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies||Information we collect from you automatically when you subscribe||Providing access to and delivering the Service; Improving your experience on the Website; Providing you a safe and secure platform||Corporate Affiliates; Third Party Vendors and Service Providers; Analytics Providers; Law Enforcement Authorities|
|E) Biometric Information||Not Collected||Not Collected||Not Applicable|
|F) Internet or network activity and usage information||Information we collect from you automatically when you use the Website||Providing access to and delivering the Service; Improving your experience on the Website||Corporate Affiliates; Third Party Vendors and Service Providers; Analytics Providers; Law Enforcement Authorities|
|G) Geolocation Data||Information we collect from you automatically when you use the Website||Providing access to and delivering the Service; Improving your experience on the Website||Corporate Affiliates, Third Party Vendors and Service Providers, Advertisers; Analytics Providers; Law Enforcement Authorities|
|H) Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||Not Collected||Not Collected||Not Applicable|
|I) Professional or employment-related information||Not Collected||Not Collected||Not Applicable|
|J) Education Information||Not Collected||Not Collected||Not Applicable|
|K) Inferences about preferences, characteristics, trends, predispositions||Information you provide us; Information we collect from you automatically when you use the Website||Providing access to and delivering the Service; Improving your experience on the Website||Corporate Affiliates; Third Party Vendors and Service Providers; Advertisers; Analytics Providers; Law Enforcement Authorities|
III. Your Rights Related to Your Personal Information
Under certain laws, customers and other visitors to the Website have a right to access Personal Information about themselves, and to amend, correct or delete Personal Information that is inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated.
Right to Obtain Confirmation of Possession of Information
We will, upon request, provide you with confirmation regarding whether we are processing Personal Information about you, consistent with applicable law.
Further, you may request a copy of the following: (1) The categories of Personal Information we collected about you; (2) The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected; (3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling (if applicable) the Personal Information; (4) The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; and (5) The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
Modification or Deletion of Stored Personal Information
1. Circumstances When Allowed
2. Exclusions and Exceptions
Under certain circumstances, as allowed by law, we may delay or deny your request. Fearless Paranoia reserves the right to retain portions of your Personal Information for a limited time, as permitted by law.
3. Fees Associated with Deletion or Change Requests
Unless prohibited by applicable law, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to cover costs for providing copies of Personal Information that you request.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, manifestly unfounded, or otherwise creates a burden or workload in excess of standard requests. If we determine that a fee is warranted by the request, we will inform you of the determination and provide both a written justification for the fee, as well as a cost estimate, prior to completing your request.
4. Time for Changes to Take Effect
We will aim to complete requests as soon as reasonably practicable and consistent with any applicable laws. Requests made on behalf of another, and thus requiring confirmation of the authority of the agent and the authenticity of the requestor, will likely take more time to complete.
5. Disclosure to Third Parties; Disclaimer re Unchanged Information
6. Exercising Access and Deletion Rights
Opt-out: You may opt-out of future e-mail communications by following the unsubscribe links in our e-mails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
Access: You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amend: You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget: In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your Personal Information. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may retain your Personal Information to comply with laws, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our contracts, and/or take other actions as permitted by law.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. We reserve the right to verify your identity in connection with any requests regarding Personal Information to help ensure that we provide the information we maintain to the individual to whom it pertains and allow only that individual or their authorized representatives to exercise rights with respect to that information.
California Privacy Rights
This section describes rights under California law, but applies to all users of the Website, to the extent practicable and legally permissible. California law may permit you to request that we:
- Provide you with a list of the categories of Personal Information we have collected or disclosed about you in the last twelve (12) months; the source category of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the information; and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed the information;
- Provide access to and/or a copy of the Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Delete certain information we have collected about you.
Certain information is exempt from such requests under applicable law. You also may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you (if any). You also have certain rights under the CCPA not to be subject to certain negative consequences for exercising CCPA rights.
V. Age Restrictions
Fearless Paranoia does not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that Fearless Paranoia has Personal Information of a child under the age of 13 in its database, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records and unsubscribe them from any lists.
VI. Third Party Privacy Practices
We are not responsible for the privacy and data security practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Instagram, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Twitter or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer. Please read their privacy policies and consider customized settings on your browser or through your mobile phone to limit disclosure of certain information, such as location data.
VII. Do Not Track Signals
VIII. Miscellaneous Terms and Conditions
Other Terms and Policies
Reservation of Rights
Security of Personal Information
We use standard physical, technical, and administrative measures designed to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
©2022 Fearless Paranoia